+ Reply to Thread

Crappie Masters At Carlyle

Anyone hear how today's tourney went at Carlyle. I have a good buddy who was fishing it. He has been on good fish and that lake has them.

I watched most of the weigh-in. I don't know any of the anglers so I can't recall names. I think 8.8 lbs for 7 fish won. Think big fish was 1.54. There were a lot of 4-6lb limits. I was talking to a couple guys who were rookies hoping to make the top 10 and thus gain entry into the championship on Truman. I think they just made the top 10 with 6.63 lbs. It was the first crappie tournament weigh in I have ever been to. It was a pretty good show. I think I heard there were 44 boats. That's all I got...just stopped by to check it out while on a little motorcycle ride.
    Last edited by backlash; 10-14-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Wow those weights were way down I thought it might take 12-15lbs. My buddy got fifth, Scott Moses his fish must of not bit for him or too windy to fish where he wanted. He had been on much bigger fish.

I have won a couple CrappieMasters local events and went to one of their Classics. For the most part I have fished in a lot more Crappie USA tourneys and won several local events and a thirteen state regional. I have been to about seven or eight Classics. Have been in top ten but always seam to have bad luck at Classics. Mostly on Kentucky Lake and the weigh-ins are quite impressive. I have seen stringers of over sixteen pounds down there and Grenada has even bigger fish. Thanks Backlash

Yes, between the wind and 90 degree weather it looked like a tough day and most people said they were catching much smaller fish than they had been while prefishing.

He had said if the wind hampered his game plan then his second game plan was mid eights not what he wanted.