+ Reply to Thread

Monroe Lake Bloomington IN

Anyone have any experience at Monroe in Indiana? Going there first weekend in November with my dad. Fishing for crappie and a bonus this year, going to the football game. (we are Badgers fans and IU is hosting Wisconsin). We usually take our fall trip to Shelbyville but changed it up this year. Dad is 75 so I just appreciate the time God has given us to continue sharing some of our passions. I heard Lake Lemon may be pretty good for crappie as well.

Thanks for any information.

Joe

I have very little info to give except for a few conversations I have had with Indiana residence fishing in Illinois. All have told me we have a gold mine here with our lakes. They have all said Indiana DNR does not pay enough attention to
    the fish and fishing sport, habitat or related terms.

That is pretty grim and I have not proof but what is what I have heard. I will keep spending my time, for now, around here.

I hope you come back with contradictory stories so I can think differently of our neighboring state's fishing resource.

Nick
    Nick

Thanks for the reply. Hope we do better too. I do know that they have a 25 fish limit with no size so it will be at least easier not worrying about overs and unders if we do catch them. I will try to report anything after our trip. Either way, it will be good being with dad and fishing and watching some football.

Lake Monroe has been known as an excellent crappie lake in years past. Still has a good population but overall size is down. Lake Lemon has better size and is not a big lake. Monroe also has a walleye population. You Badgers should know how to target them. Good luck with fishing and football from a Boiler backer.

Been to Lake Monroe one time we fished from Timber Ridge Ramp out and around the corner to the casway. On the river channels. You had to be right on the channel and into the brush. We jigged 1/8 oz heads orange and red chartreuse bodies. Was catching little crappie. We had some monster minnows the bait store sold us to use. Made all the difference!!! The Bigger crappie came on larger bass minnows the little fish couldnt get in their mouths.. I would fish the slow side of the causeway! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfred View Post
    Lake Monroe has been known as an excellent crappie lake in years past. Still has a good population but overall size is down. Lake Lemon has better size and is not a big lake. Monroe also has a walleye population. You Badgers should know how to target them. Good luck with fishing and football from a Boiler backer.
    Thank you FishinFred Maybe we will split the days between Lemon and Monroe or, like you siad, target some eyes!. I like Drew Breese if that counts lol!!

Sounds good 24. We will use that for a gameplan for sure.