+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Fished 7:30-11 today. The bite continues and numbers very good. Size of the fish is dropping slightly but 10-14 inch fish are still very good. In addition to the whitebass we aslo had a bonus 12 inch crappie, a three pound largemouth released and a two pound flathead pup released. Same pattern. Water temps were mid 70s water clarity good but the waves were moving the dirty water around. Boat traffic was light to moderate.

The whitebass bite definitely slowed down a bit today. The absence of wind and the 90 degree temperatures lead to lower numbers but it was still worth getting out on the water despite the heat. Water temps continue in the mid 70s water clarity was good and boat traffic was heavy. The ongoing rock pattern continues. Spinners and jigs have been productive.

Surface "BUSTIN" white bass!!!

Went out Friday afternoon from 4PM to 6:30 PM

Decided to go after crappie.
    Found them at the mouth of coves
    was trying to complete my limit when whites
    started to bust frenzy feed in the cove
    off of a shallow point.
    Couldn't take it anymore so I grabbed my
    jig rig for whites and started catching 2
    every time I would cast into them.

Had 14 good crappie & put 30 whites in
    the live well in 15 minutes.

Water temp in the coves got to mid 80's

GOOD afternoon!

Nats

Went out Friday 7-11:45. It was tough. I scratched out 15 big whites but it was a grind compared to the last couple weeks. The wind was dead and it was hotter than heck. I got a bonus 24" channel cat. There were a few boats and everyone I spoke to was struggling. Good job Nats. I need to give the crappie a shot next week.

Got out yesterday afternoon from 1:30-4:30. Got 27- nice whites but as Nats said it's a grind compared to what it's been. The fish I got were scattered on the primary drops. There are a few jumps starting to show but they are small and short. If you don't find the fish shallow (which I did) try 4-6 feet out on the secondary drops. Two jigs has worked much better than spinners or crank baits forme. I have seen some guys getting some in crank baits off the secondary drops. Water clarity is good,temps were in the 88-90 range and boat traffic was moderate to heavy. The heat and lower winds has set up an afternoon bite versus a morning bite.

What was the water temp last time on the Carlyle?
    Nick

I was out Monday. Water temps were mid 70s to low 80s. Water clarity good boat traffic minimal. Fish still biting well.

Went last friday. Caught 60 plus nice whites. Kept 20 12-14 inch fish. Same deal, double rigs shallow on rocks. Boat traffic was light. Still didn't try crappie, Nats. Just having too much fun with the whites to stop.

Good job backlash. I'm down and out for a while with motor problems. Hopefully reapirs will be done before the bite ends. Frying up 20 gallons fillets Sunday for a big charity fry at church. Sure has been fun up to this point. This has been one of the better bites I can remember- especially for consistently nice sized fish. The fishery appears pretty healthy with good year classes up and coming. I just keep wondering where these fish were in the post spawn and summer phases. I sure could not get on em then with any consistency and don't know of too many guys that did either.