+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thx for reply and info, good news!

I was out three times since Labor Day. 83, 65, 25 all 12-16 inch fish. Still the same pattern. The cold fronts slowed things down some but the warming trend should help. Key still is finding wind blown, shallow, shad balls. Jigs have worked better for me than crank baits or spinners. Fishing pressure has been moderate to heavy. Some areas are getting very heavy pressure and covering ground helps find less pressured fish. Water temps are in the lower 70s with minimal to moderate stain. Good luck to you Eyedude. The bite had been " radioactive" but is cooling some with the changing weather.

Fished this afternoon and managed to get 29 over twelve inches two being 20 inches. They were more difficult to find but were holding on rocks near a large concentrated shad school. I had to cover some ground and play the wind from EARLIER days to find them. The Corps has dropped the lake about half a foot. This has stabilized now and with stable weather returning the bite should get more consistent. Its not " radioactive" any more but it's still good enough to make things worthwhile.

A buddy and I went Tuesday and the chop was so bad that I decided to get off the lake...We went again Thursday morning and conditions were much better...We ended up with only 25 but they were slabs...We are getting to that time of year where quality is replacing quantity....Water temperature was around 70...it was very slow at first...Like Red said the lake is dropping and with the warm weather coming should bode for a better bite....The 25 we got came with being patient...not like the past where it was almost non stop action....some of the areas we worked I might have casted 10 times without a hit and then boom...not nearly as fun but worth it ....lol

Went Friday. Caught fish everywhere I tried. Not stacked up anywhere though, just kept the boat moving down the bank. All fish were shallow and caught on double jig rig. Boat traffic was pretty light. Kept about 60 and released 20 more.

Went out Saturday 9/16 7 AM to 11AM
    Caught about 20 whites kept 7 ( 12") found a lot
    of shad but not very hungry whites.

Decided to try for crappie & kept 7 big 12"-13"
    to complete my morning.
    Crappie were in 9' over brush on a jig.

Nats

Nats were you fishing by yourself in a red Ranger?

Fished today 12-4. 44 whites 12--16 inches. Same pattern. You just have to be a little more patient and take into account the banks are getting pounded. Water clarity good, temps 74-84, boat traffic moderate to heavy. If you find fish pay attention to every little detail. It can lead to great action in a short space of time. P

Quote Originally Posted by 4johns View Post
    Nats were you fishing by yourself in a red Ranger?
    Nope!!!

By myself in a Black Basstracker!

How did you do?

Nats

Caught 10 nice whites, looked for crappies but didn't find em.