+ Reply to Thread

Carlyle August 2017

Got a chance to get out on the lake Tuesday the 15th from 5:30PM - 7:30PM

Since I haven't seen any reports or been on the lake since 1st of July & just started trolling on the humps for white bass.

Tried several spots with 0 results , then on 2 spots the last hour I found a few. (caught about 40 white bass)

Seen A LOT of surface shad schools but no frenzy feeding action.

Brought home to clean 15 some good size & some average to small.

Didn't try for Crappie didn't have time , Next time!

Spent the rest of the evening pulling a stranded boat in for a couple of college students from MO. (They were grateful)

There parents need to give them extra college funds for gas!

Nats

The last week

I have fished six of the last seven days with very good results each day. The whitebass are actively feeding on shad when you find them. You must cover a lot of ground once but once you contact fish slow down and pay attention to detail closely as the schools are small and very tightly concentrated. They are on the humps, clay banks and rocks. Casting and trolling have been effective. Boat traffic through the week has been light. This weekend it was heavy with both fisherman and recreational boaters. Water temps are in the 70s and clarity is good. Get after them. The time is now.

Went out today with a couple of fishing buddys and we absolutely slammed them...Caught over a 100 ...Really good size....all I can do is echo Red Legs comments....Water clarity is excellent especially on the north side of the lake...I don't troll much but the clay banks and rip rap are producing very large numbers... We got several doubles......We didn't get them early but if you have patience it will pay off...weather is perfect right now so give em hell....lol

Hot bite

I have fished ten of the last twelve days. During this time a distinct pattern has developed in the whitebass bite. I have also been having excellent results which culminated today in some of the largest whitebass I have ever caught. A friend and I caught 54 today in three hours with 50 of them being 12 inches or more. Three of the fish were easily pushing three pounds. These fish are extremely shallow - sometimes literally with their dorsal fins out of the water. Again we had to cover a lot of ground but it paid off in spades! Find the wind blown shad and you will find the whitebass. Get after em it's a hell of a bite. Good job sea ark.

Got out today and caught a bunch. Took a while to find them but once I did it was non-stop. Caught 10 average keepers the first 3 hours and probably 50 in the last 90 minutes. They were all jumbos with a few of them also looking like they could be legitimate 3 pounders. My last catch of the day was a double that I used the net for fear of breaking my line swinging them. Also caught an 18" sauger bonus. I left when they were still biting. All fish were right on the bank and caught on white curly tails. Boat traffic was pretty light for a Friday.

The bite continues

Since the second week of this month the white bass have basically been on fire. The bite has gotten progressively better each day with the pattern of wind blown shad and shallow structure continuing. For me the two jig rig has been all that I've used. Rocks, clay banks and the humps have all been producing. Morning and afternoon have been equally productive. I've been fishing this bite for several decades and this is one of the better ones. Get after em while it's on.

I have been having great results with the same pattern but using crank bait.

I will have to switch to the jig method because when you get hung up on rocks

it's alot less expense for 2 jigs than a $8 crank bait .

My larger whites or caught on the crank bait.

Great weather, Great fishing, Great life!!!

Nats

white bass pattern

Sounds really good to get out and catch some nice white bass! Thanks alot for the reports guys. I am going to try and get out this weekend. So do I understand this correctlythat if the wind has blown out of the north for a couple of days, you concentrate on the south end of the lake and visa versa if the wind is blowing out of the south?Thanks again for your input.